To enter the United States to study full-time or to participate in vocational or other formal training, a foreign national must acquire the appropriate visa. The F1 visa is a student visa that enables foreign nationals to study in the US at accredited academic institutions. The M-1 visa is the appropriate category for students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training. F-1 visa prohibits students from maintaining off-campus employment during the first academic year; students however, may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. M-1 students may engage in practical training only after they have completed their studies. Off-campus employment for both F-1 and M-1 visa holders must be related to the area of study and must be authorized by the Designated School Official prior to starting any work. For further information on student visas or assistance with the process, please call us at (508) 439-4445 or email us at 

Immigrant's Guide to Immigration.Sent to you Free