F-1 Visa

The F-1 visa is a student visa that enables foreign nationals to study in the United States at an accredited academic institution.

4 Steps to Study in the United States

1. Find an accredited institution. If you want to study in the United States, the first step is to find the school or program that most interests you. Only schools certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) can accept international students. Once you confirm that your school of choice is approved to accept international students, you must apply for admission. Once you’re accepted into an SEVP-certified school, your school will issue the necessary documents required to secure your visa.

2. Finance Your Studies In your quest to study in the United States, evaluating your finances should be one of the first things you do. Location matters! The city/state you decide to live, and study can affect the costs for housing and food in the United States. When possible, seek scholarships, grants or other financial assistance as your ability to fund your education is a necessary component in attending school in the United States.

3. Apply For Your Student Visa After being accepted to an SEVP-certified school and completing all required processes and payments, you can apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. You may apply for your student visa by visiting the U.S. Department of State’s website.

4. Prepare For Your Departure. You may enter the United States up to 30 days before your official program start date. You will need a valid passport for travel to the United States. Generally, your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States.

Change of Status

If you are currently in the United States lawfully and would like to pursue an education in the United States, you may be eligible for a Change of Status. 

Ready to Get Started?

I am always available to help you on your journey to study in the United States. For more information or assistance in studying in the United States, give my office a call at 508.439.4445 or schedule your consultation today!