M-1 Visa

 Vocational Studies in the United States

1. Find and apply to a SEVP-approved(Student and Exchange Visitor Program) school in the United States. After the SEVP-approved school accepts your enrollment, you will be registered for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Remember you must apply and gain admission to the accredited program in order to qualify for a visa.

2. Find and apply for Special Opportunities and Financial Aid such scholarships, grants to fund your studies and your stay. Keep in mind that the cost of living varies greatly depending on where you live in the United States.

3. Apply for your student visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. You may apply for your nonimmigrant visa by visiting the Department of State website.

4. Prepare for your travel to the United States. Prepare by gathering pre-departure materials and documents for arrival such as a valid passport and any additional documentation provided to you by your school/program such as acceptance letters, scholarship award letters, etc.

If you are currently in the United States lawfully and would like to pursue an education in the United States, you may be eligible for a Change of Status. 

Ready to Get Started?

I am always available to help you on your journey to study in the United States. For more information or assistance in studying in the United States, give my office a call at 508.439.4445 or schedule your consultation today!