Fiancé Visa

Fiancé Visa

If you’ve recently proposed or are engaged to a U.S. citizen, you may be able to hold your wedding in the United States. To do so, you would need a K-1 visa.

A K-1 fiancé visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows the fiancé of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States to get married. Once the couple gets married in the United States, the foreign fiancé can apply for a marriage green card in the United States.

To receive a K-1 fiancé visa, the following are required:

  • Either you or your fiancé must be a U.S. citizen
  • You and your fiancé plan to marry each other within 90 days after you arrive in the United States on your K-1 visa
  • You and your fiancé can legally marry in the United States, and any of your past marriages were legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You and your fiancé have met in person at least once in the 2-year period before you file your application. If meeting in person would violate either your religious or cultural practices or if it would cause extreme hardship, you can request a waiver of this in-person meeting requirement.

Ready to Get Started?

Give my office a call and let’s get the process started. 508.439.4445 or access my calendar